Subject: [hrpc] I-D Action: draft-tenoever-hrpc-research-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 12:16:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Human Rights Protocol Considerations of the IETF.

        Title           : Research into Human Rights Protocol Considerations
        Authors         : Niels ten Oever
                          Corinne Cath
	Filename        : draft-tenoever-hrpc-research-03.txt
	Pages           : 68
	Date            : 2016-07-06

Abstract:
   The proliferating convolution of Internet and society increases the
   impact of the Internet on the lives of individuals.  Because of this,
   the design and development of the architecture of the Internet also
   has a growing impact on society.  This has led to an broad
   recognition that human rights [UDHR] [ICCPR] [ICESCR] have a role in
   the development and management of the Internet [HRC2012] [UNGA2013]
   [NETmundial].  It has also been argued that the Internet should be
   strengthened as a human rights enabling environment [Brown].

   This document provides a proposal for a vocabulary to discuss the
   relation between human rights and Internet protocols, an overview of
   the discussion in technical and academic literature and communities,
   a proposal for the mapping of the relation between human rights and
   technical concepts, and a proposal for guidelines for human rights
   considerations, similar to the work done on the guidelines for
   privacy considerations [RFC6973].

   Discussion of this draft at: [email-masked] //
   https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/hrpc

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tenoever-hrpc-research/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tenoever-hrpc-research-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tenoever-hrpc-research-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/