Subject: [hrpc] Fwd: Finding the appropriate work stream for draft-nottingham-for-the-users

From: Corinne Cath <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 10:47:48 +0000

FYI - I am sure people have already seen this but sharing regardless.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 9:59 PM
Subject: Finding the appropriate work stream for
draft-nottingham-for-the-users
To: IETF <[email-masked]>

Greetings,

The IAB is considering adopting this document onto the IAB stream as
Informational:

https://datatracker..ietf.org/doc/draft-nottingham-for-the-users/
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nottingham-for-the-users/>

with a focus on explaining why decisions in the IETF often are or should
be  user-focused.

However, in discussion some felt that there might be interest in adopting
this document into the IETF stream as a BCP (most likely in the General
Area), with a stronger focus on setting guidelines for working groups when
they face these sorts of issues.

The IAB is seeking input from the community about the level of interest (or
disinterest) in the latter approach. Please do so on this list, by sending
mail to [email-masked] (our public discussion list) or to
iab@iab..org <[email-masked]> (to reach just the IAB). You can also discuss
with individual IAB members in Prague.

Thanks,

Ted Hardie
for the IAB

-- 
Corinne Cath - Speth
Ph.D. Candidate, Oxford Internet Institute & Alan Turing Institute

Web: www.oii.ox.ac.uk/people/corinne-cath
Email: [email-masked] & [email-masked]
Twitter: @C_Cath