Subject: [hrpc] Join us for IETF 109!

From: Mallory Knodel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 18:52:07 -0500

Dear all,

I hope that you are all keeping well and healthy. As you know, IETF 109 
is upon us. HRPC kicks off the week with a *0500 UTC meeting on Monday*, 
which for many of us will feel like Sunday night.

I wanted to make sure you're all there, because we have an excellent 
speaker lined up to talk about a very important -- and relevant! -- 
topic for our group, which is about the politics of the internet. Kim 
Crayton will deliver the talk. You can read more about her on the web, 
and here's a very short bio:

"Kim Crayton is known for her work of coaching tech leaders, in 
companies and non-profits, for improving profitability and innovation by 
operationalizing core organizational values and identifying hidden 
organizational barriers to inclusion. She has spoken at over 50 
conferences on these issues, and has worked closely with members and 
leadership in the Clojure, Node.js, Python, JavaScript and Selenium 
communities, as well as at organizations like GitHub and Mozilla. Recent 
engagements have included MailChimp, Sinnerschrader, Ableton, Selenium 
Open Source Project, Unplug Studios, and Ti.to." Kim has also recently 
spoken to the W3C about their work on diversity and inclusion.

Lastly on the agenda, we will of course be using the time to talk about 
HRPC RG work, including draft-association, draft-guidelines and possibly 
(given the speaker) draft-political.

  --> I'm attaching the event's .ics file just in case of timezone 
confusion.

  --> And if you've registered (there are fee waivers available!) you 
can access the talk directly through Meetecho at this link (Room 2):

https://meetings.conf.meetecho.com/ietf109/?group=hrpc&short=&item=1

Really looking forward to seeing you all there! Please share and promote 
the session!

-Mallory

-- 
Mallory Knodel
CTO, Center for Democracy and Technology
gpg fingerprint :: E3EB 63E0 65A3 B240 BCD9 B071 0C32 A271 BD3C C780