Subject: [Ietf-http-auth] Mutual Authentication Protocol: recent updates
From: Yutaka OIWA <[email-masked]>
To: IETF HTTP Auth mailing list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 22:51:30 +0900
List-Id: ietf-http-auth.osafoundation.org

Dear all,

I wish to introduce our recent progress on the Mutual authentication
project.

Since the last IETF HTTP-WG meeting in Vancouver, we have improved our
proposal for the HTTP Mutual Access Authentication Protocol in many
aspects.

 * First of all, we now have a webpage about the project at
   <https://www.rcis.aist.go.jp/special/MutualAuth/>.

 * We have implemented "HTTP Mutual Access Authentication" protocol
   on Firefox and Apache!

   The client "MutualTestFox," a modified version of Firefox 3 and
   the server module for Apache 2.2 "mod_auth_mutual" can be downloaded
   from the above link. A public trial website is also available.

   Please try it, and feedbacks are welcome!

 * The second draft of the protocol has been submitted.
   The new draft is now self-contained (the ISO specification is now
   informative reference not normative), and much details have been
   described.  I think that now everyone can implement the protocol
   using that document only (without buying the ISO specification).
   The draft is available either from IETF Internet-Draft repository
   or from our project webpage above.

 * We have also implemented the protocol in a part of the Yahoo! Japan
   "Auction Trial" website.
   On their website (in Japanese), you can log on to the site using
   existing Yahoo! Japan IDs.

   They also provide an IE component-based web browser implementing
   the protocol, named "Lunascape for Yahoo! Auction version 2".
   It is available from
   <http://special.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/html/anzen/download.html>.
   So, we now have two browser implementations!

We will visit the oncoming IETF meeting in Dublin, and we will be
happy if we have some chance to discuss the protocol and other
authentication-related issues there.

Regards,

-- 
Yutaka OIWA, Ph.D.                                       Research Scientist
                            Research Center for Information Security (RCIS)
    National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
                      Mail addresses: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
OpenPGP: id[995DD3E1] fp[3C21 17D0 D953 77D3 02D7 4FEC 4754 40C1 995D D3E1]