Subject: [http-auth] wiki page(s)

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 08:52:25 +0800

I've created a wiki page here:

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/sec/trac/wiki/HttpAuthentication

Feel free to create sub-pages about the problem space, possible 
solutions, conferences of interest, etc.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Yutaka OIWA <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 10:51:00 +0900

Thank you, Peter!

As a possible starting point, I've put a break-down version of
the current problem statement text in the editable pages.

We need more input, especially on existing authentication mechanisms.
If you have any idea beyond the current list, please add these.

On 2011/11/15 9:52, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Feel free to create sub-pages about the problem space, possible solutions,
> conferences of interest, etc.
> 
> Peter
> 

-- 
Yutaka OIWA, Ph.D.                                       Research Scientist
                            Research Center for Information Security (RCIS)
    National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
                      Mail addresses: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
OpenPGP: id[440546B5] fp[7C9F 723A 7559 3246 229D  3139 8677 9BD2 4405 46B5]

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 09:55:09 +0800

I have some notes about other possible solutions from a side discussion 
some folks had in Quebec City, but those are at home. I'll try to add 
them next week.

---

From: Yutaka OIWA <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:04:37 +0900

I personally feel that I am mainly thinking about the open- and widely-deploying
identity managements such as portal sites, banks, commerce, etc.
Do we need some more input from closed- or tightly-managed identity set
such as enterprise employee authentication/authorization using Kerberos-like?
I believe that, although they share some aspects, they have much different
requirements sets than the other use cases.

Yutaka

P.S.

> the current problem statement text in the editable pages.

I've written "I" above, but I'd actually like to acknowledge Boku and Kazuki for
Wikifying the existing plaintext. Thanks!

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 10:06:15 +0800

> requirements sets than the other use cases.

Describing key use cases on the wiki sounds like a useful activity. :)