Subject: [http-auth] Fwd: [Bug 41489] HTTP authentication does not support non-ISO-8859-1 characters

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 16:22:37 +0200

FYI and so it's archived:

<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2831#page-5> defines a "charset" 
parameter for Digest/SASL. This is *very* similar to what my draft 
proposes for Basic and Digest in HTTP; maybe it should simply align with 
that.

Best regards, Julian

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Bug 41489] HTTP authentication does not support non-ISO-8859-1 
characters
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 13:38:11 +0000
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=41489

ggo <[email-masked]> changed:

            What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Attachment #734492| 
|review?([email-masked])
               Flags|                            |

--- Comment #122 from ggo <[email-masked]> 2013-04-08 06:38:11 PDT ---
Comment on attachment 734492
   --> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=734492
Allow utf-8 encoded username in digest authentication response header.

This patch allows the http digest authentication module to send back utf8
encoded username in the response header in order to enable support for
non-ascii usernames.
It can be enabled by setting the
"network.auth.digest-response-header-username-utf8" flag to true in the FF
config (about:config).

the patch could be improved by using the charset parameter as defined in RFC
2831, even if the flag is not set. I can probably do if it is asked.

-- 
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email

-------------------------------
Product/Component: Core :: Networking: HTTP

------- Tracking Flags: -------
blocking2.0:-

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.