Subject: [http-auth] I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpauth-rest-auth-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 17:21:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Authentication Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RESTful Authentication Pattern for the Hypertext Transport Protocol (HTTP)
	Author(s)       : Nicolas Williams
	Filename        : draft-ietf-httpauth-rest-auth-01.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2013-08-14

Abstract:
   This document proposes a "RESTful" pattern of authentication for
   HTTP/1.0, 1.1, and 2.0.  The goal is to make it easy to add
   authentication mechanisms to HTTP applications and to make it easy to
   implement them even without much help from the HTTP stack (though it
   is best to integrate authentication into the stack, of course).
   Another goal is to make it easy to reuse existing authentication
   mechanisms by allowing the user (that is, the server's operators) to
   choose what concrete authentication mechanism(s) to use.

   Among other benefits of RESTauth: it is orthogonal to "HTTP routers"
   and proxies, it results in session Uniform Resource Identifiers
   (URIs) that can be DELETEd to logout, naturally supports multi-legged
   authentication schemes, naturally supports clustering, and can be
   universally implemented on the server side with such
   server<->application interfaces as the Common Gateway Interface (CGI)
   and FastCGI, among others.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpauth-rest-auth

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpauth-rest-auth-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-httpauth-rest-auth-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/