Subject: [http-auth] Mutual: ticket #4

From: Yutaka OIWA <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 22:46:36 +0900

Dear http-auth readers,

Regarding open ticket #4 (http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpauth/trac/ticket/4),
I plan some modification to the current draft.
Feedback comments are appreciated.

I'm considering to change the "single-port" type
auth-realm token, harmonized with Web Origin's
string construction. It will then mean:
    "http://www.example.com:8080" for HTTP on port 8080 only,
    "http://www.example.com" for HTTP on port 80 only,
    "https://www.example.com" for HTTPS on port 443 only,
and
    "www.example.com" for both HTTP/HTTPS on any port.

Currently, the 2nd and 3rd ones have explicit port notifications,
like "http://www.example.com:80" to emphasis single-port-only nature.
These will be changed in the next revision if no objection exists.

If this change is not satisfactory, please give me a comment.

-- 
Yutaka OIWA, Ph.D.                 Leader, System Life-cycle Research Group
                               Research Institute for Secure Systems (RISEC)
     National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
                       Mail addresses: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
OpenPGP: id[440546B5] fp[7C9F 723A 7559 3246 229D  3139 8677 9BD2 4405 46B5]