Subject: [http-auth] draft-ietf-httpauth-basicauth-update-03, 2. The 'Basic' Authentication Scheme

From: Kari Hurtta <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 21:20:17 +0200 (EET)

The 'Basic' HTTP Authentication Scheme
draft-ietf-httpauth-basicauth-update-03

2. The 'Basic' Authentication Scheme
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpauth-basicauth-update-03#section-2

|  For credentials, the "token-68" syntax defined in Section 2.2 of
|  [RFC7235] is used.  The value is computed based on user-id and
|  password as defined below.

"token68" seems to have defined in Section 2.1.  of RFC7235

( not in 2.2 )

Here:

2.1. Challenge and Response
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7235#section-2.1

|     token68        = 1*( ALPHA / DIGIT /
|                               "-" / "." / "_" / "~" / "+" / "/" ) *"="
			       
/ Kari Hurtta

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 18:33:00 +0100

> |     token68        = 1*( ALPHA / DIGIT /

Good catch!

-> <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpauth/trac/changeset/87>

Best regards, Julian