Subject: [http-auth] Barry Leiba's Yes on draft-ietf-httpauth-basicauth-update-06: (with COMMENT)

From: "Barry Leiba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 06:47:16 -0800

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-httpauth-basicauth-update-06: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpauth-basicauth-update/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Section 1.1.1 --

   This specification uses the Augmented Backus-Naur Form (ABNF)
   notation of [RFC5234].

Where?
You do use 5234 as a reference to define CTL characters, so you need the
reference.  But that sentence can go.

-- Section 5 --

   The entry for the "Basic" Authentication Scheme shall be updated with
   a pointer to this specification.

IANA might think this means that they should add this spec to the
existing reference.  It'd be clearer to say it this way, and less likely
to result in an error by IANA:

NEW
   The entry for the "Basic" Authentication Scheme shall be updated by
   replacing the reference with a pointer to this specification.
END

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 16:10:33 +0100

On 2015-02-17 15:47, Barry Leiba wrote:
> ...

Good catch.

>     replacing the reference with a pointer to this specification.

Another good catch; IANA already asked the same question :-)

Thanks for the feedback!

-> <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpauth/trac/changeset/119>

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 16:10:33 +0100

Good catch.

Thanks for the feedback!

Best regards, Julian