Subject: [http-auth] RFC 7486 on HTTP Origin-Bound Authentication (HOBA)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 17:48:52 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7486

        Title:      HTTP Origin-Bound Authentication (HOBA) 
        Author:     S. Farrell, P. Hoffman,
                    M. Thomas
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 64868
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-httpauth-hoba-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7486

HTTP Origin-Bound Authentication (HOBA) is a digital-signature-based
design for an HTTP authentication method.  The design can also be
used in JavaScript-based authentication embedded in HTML.  HOBA is an
alternative to HTTP authentication schemes that require passwords and
therefore avoids all problems related to passwords, such as leakage
of server-side password databases.

This document is a product of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Authentication Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Yoav Nir <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 09:51:00 +0200

Congratulations, and thanks to Stephen, Paul and Mike for all the hard work.

Thanks also to all who participated, reviewed, and commented.

Yoav

> On Mar 11, 2015, at 2:48 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> http-auth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/http-auth