Subject: [http-auth] Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpauth-digest-15.txt> (HTTP Digest Access Authentication) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 13:15:17 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Hypertext Transfer Protocol
Authentication WG (httpauth) to consider the following document:
- 'HTTP Digest Access Authentication'
  <draft-ietf-httpauth-digest-15.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-04-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   HTTP provides a simple challenge-response authentication mechanism
   that may be used by a server to challenge a client request and by a
   client to provide authentication information.  This document defines
   the HTTP Digest Authentication scheme that can be used with the HTTP
   authentication mechanism.

Editorial Note (To be removed by RFC Editor before publication)

   Discussion of this draft takes place on the HTTPAuth working group
   mailing list ([email-masked]), which is archived at [1].

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpauth-digest/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpauth-digest/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.