Subject: [http-auth] Fwd: Last Call: <draft-hansen-scram-sha256-03.txt> (SCRAM-SHA-256 and SCRAM-SHA-256-PLUS SASL Mechanisms) to Proposed Standard

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 14:16:52 +0100

Hiya,

We're re-doing the IETF last call for this due to the change
of target from informational to PS. I hope it has addressed
all other earlier comments, but please do say if not.

Thanks,
S.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Last Call: <draft-hansen-scram-sha256-03.txt> (SCRAM-SHA-256
and SCRAM-SHA-256-PLUS SASL Mechanisms) to Proposed Standard
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 06:12:06 -0700
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'SCRAM-SHA-256 and SCRAM-SHA-256-PLUS SASL Mechanisms'
  <draft-hansen-scram-sha256-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-08-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document registers the SASL mechanisms SCRAM-SHA-256 and SCRAM-
   SHA-256-PLUS.  It also updates the SCRAM registration procedures of
   RFC 5802.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hansen-scram-sha256/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hansen-scram-sha256/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

This is a second IETF last call. The first time this was aiming for
informational but as a result of that proposed standard was
deemed necessary.