Subject: [http-auth] RFC 7804 on Salted Challenge Response HTTP Authentication Mechanism

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 11:01:55 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7804

        Title:      Salted Challenge Response HTTP Authentication 
                    Mechanism 
        Author:     A. Melnikov
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 39440
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-httpauth-scram-auth-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7804

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7804

This specification describes a family of HTTP authentication
mechanisms called the Salted Challenge Response Authentication
Mechanism (SCRAM), which provides a more robust authentication
mechanism than a plaintext password protected by Transport Layer
Security (TLS) and avoids the deployment obstacles presented by
earlier TLS-protected challenge response authentication mechanisms.

This document is a product of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Authentication Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC