Subject: [http-auth] I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpauth-extension-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 01:53:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Authentication of the IETF.

        Title           : HTTP Authentication Extensions for Interactive Clients
        Authors         : Yutaka Oiwa
                          Hajime Watanabe
                          Hiromitsu Takagi
                          Kaoru Maeda
                          Tatsuya Hayashi
                          Yuichi Ioku
	Filename        : draft-ietf-httpauth-extension-09.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2016-09-17

Abstract:
   This document specifies extensions for the HTTP authentication
   framework for interactive clients.  Currently, fundamental features
   of HTTP-level authentication are insufficient for complex
   requirements of various Web-based applications.  This forces these
   applications to implement their own authentication frameworks by
   means like HTML forms, which becomes one of the hurdles against
   introducing secure authentication mechanisms handled jointly by
   servers and user-agent.  The extended framework fills gaps between
   Web application requirements and HTTP authentication provisions to
   solve the above problems, while maintaining compatibility with
   existing Web and non-Web uses of HTTP authentication.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpauth-extension/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpauth-extension-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-httpauth-extension-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/