Subject: Re: [http-state] http-state charter

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 02:26:41 -0700

Bil Corry <[email-masked]> wrote on Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:53:06 -0500 (15:53 PDT)
 >
 > I'm now working on creating our charter.  I've included a first draft below;
 > it borrows heavily from the httpbis charter.

Hi, I'm curious about a few things.

(re-)spinning up a http-state working group wasn't discussed AFAIK here at 
IETF-75 stockholm (seems to me it should have at least been mentioned).

Are you planning for an official pre-WG BoF at IETF-76 (hiroshima) or have you 
greased the skids with Lisa & Alexey (apps area directors 
http://tools.ietf.org/area/app/) such that it can be instantiated without a BoF?

were/are you here in Stockholm? (just curious)

thanks,

=JeffH
(PayPal InfoSec)

---

From: Bil Corry <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 10:08:46 -0500

=JeffH wrote on 7/31/2009 4:26 AM: 
> (re-)spinning up a http-state working group wasn't discussed AFAIK here
> at IETF-75 stockholm (seems to me it should have at least been mentioned).
> 
> Are you planning for an official pre-WG BoF at IETF-76 (hiroshima) or
> have you greased the skids with Lisa & Alexey (apps area directors

I'm not in Stockholm and I won't make it to Hiroshima; I don't have the financial resources to attend every meeting.  I am planning on attending IETF-77 in Anaheim -- we may be able to get on the agenda as an official BOF, otherwise we'll just setup a Bar BOF.  And certainly if others here are going to Hiroshima and want to represent us, that would be great.

I worked with Lisa to get this list setup and assuming we make progress, I'll continue to work with her to move us through the WG-formation process.

Completing our charter with our goals/milestones will be a huge step towards creating a WG; Lisa indicated to me that much of the activity of a BOF is simply to produce the charter with a list of work items.

- Bil