Subject: [http-state] Syntax update for Max-Age

From: "NARUSE, Yui" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 02:49:14 +0900

>From following messages, 5.2.1. Max-Age seems required,
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/http-state/current/msg00158.html

so 4.1.1. should be updated as following:

   cookie-av         = expires-av / domain-av / path-av /
                       secure-av / httponly-av / max-age-av
   max-age-av        = "Max-Age:" "=" delta-seconds
   delta-seconds     = 1*DIGIT

thanks,

-- 
NARUSE, Yui
[email-masked]

---

From: Adam Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 09:53:05 -0800

>   max-age-av        = "Max-Age:" "=" delta-seconds

We used to have Max-Age in that section (or it's pre-cursor), but some
folks on the mailing list pointed out that Expires has better
interoperability for servers because it's supported by every user
agent where as Max-Age is not supported by IE.

We recommend that servers use Expires for maximum compatibility with
user agents and require user agents to support both Expires and
Max-Age for maximum compatibility with servers.

Perhaps we should add a note to 4.1.1 explaining why Max-Age is absent?

Adam