Subject: [http-state] httpstate session @IETF-78 Maastricht

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 21:42:22 -0700

Hi,

I've requested a 2-hour httpstate meeting at Maastricht. From my perusal of 
present discussion on the list, draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie has various items 
being polished, but nothing major derailing it. Also, there's been some 
discussion of items of interest for future cookie work, and thus to be factored 
into a httpstate rechartering discussion.

Thus I've requested a 2 hour session, nominally figuring we can discuss 
whatever might be left outstanding wrt draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie at that time 
(an hour's worth?), and then use the remaining time for discussing 
re-chartering the WG and future work on http state management.

thanks,

=JeffH

---

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 23:19:48 -0700

Ok, the draft IETF-78 Maastricht agenda is here..

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/78/agenda.html

..and announcement msg attached below.

In talking with Adam and Yngve some, the thought is that 
draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie-09 is largely done (if you have comments, please 
get them sent to the list) and so agenda bashing and assessing that I-D and 
next steps for it will likely consume only 30min on the outside.

Then we have "whither HTTPstate" things to discuss. Yngve has two drafts on the 
table..

   draft-pettersen-cookie-origin-01
   draft-pettersen-cookie-v2-05

..and can give a heads-up presentation on them. He also has another draft..

   draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-06

..that has implications for cookie processing, but is less clearly a 
httpstate-oriented I-D.

Does anyone else have I-Ds, or are thinking of materializing on-topic 
(httpstate phase 2) I-Ds before IETF-78 Maastricht ?

So then the question is how much time do we need to discuss phase 2 topics. 30 
min or an hour?

I'm thinking that we should perhaps alert the IETF agenda-creators that we 
(httpstate) in fact only need a max of 90 minutes.

Please send thoughts within the next 20 hours so, such that I can let the IETF 
agenda-creators know. Absent strong dissention, I'll tell them we'll go for a 
90 minute slot (such that we have time for robust discussion).

thanks,

=JeffH

__________________________________________________

Subject: 78th IETF DRAFT Agenda
From: IETF Agenda <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 16:28:18 -0700 (PDT)
To: IETF Announcement list <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

The draft agenda is ready for viewing.  If there's any changes that need
to be made please send it to [email-masked] and cc'd all area directors
involved.  Please note the cutoff date for requests to reschedule Working
Group and BOF meetings is June 28, 2010 17:00 PST (24:00 UTC).  The final
agenda will be published on July 2, 2010.  If you have any questions or
concerns, feel free to contact me at anytime.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/78/agenda.html

The following groups are currently not showing on the agenda but are
scheduled:
pim - Tuesday 1710-1810
6man - Tuesday 1710-1810 and Wednesday 1030-1130
iri - Wednesday 1300-1530
hokey - Thursday 1510-1610

We hope to have this corrected soon.

Thanks,
Wanda

Only 31 days until the Maastricht IETF!
Online registration for the IETF meeting is at:
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/78/
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce