Subject: [http-state] wrt terminology: "request-host" and "request-uri"

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 11:11:27 -0700

> Done:
http://github.com/abarth/http-state/commit/aae9e145b5881c4d153046d4a48e757eaf1fc5e3
 >
 > I massaged the text slightly.  Generally, I don't like to use defined
 > terms as the first word in a sentence because that screws up the
 > capitalization, etc.

thanks, fine by me.

one other thing on the request-host definition occurred to me -- is it always 
going to be a "fully-qualified domain name" ?  I may have got that aspect of it 
wrong.

thanks,

=JeffH

---

From: Adam Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 13:21:14 -0700

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 11:11 AM, =JeffH <[email-masked]> wrote:
> one other thing on the request-host definition occurred to me -- is it
> always going to be a "fully-qualified domain name" ?  I may have got that
> aspect of it wrong.

We usually call this value the "host".  It's the thing that comes
after the scheme but before the port in the URL.  It could be "www" in
the URL http://www/, for example.

Adam