Subject: [http-state] unresolved comments and proposed resolutions wrt -httpstate-cookie-11

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 13:34:11 -0700

Hi,

I combed through the list discussion threads from May (eg "Comments on 
draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie-08.txt" et al), as well as the ones from July and 
August.

I looked for issues, relative to our present state as exemplified by 
-httpstate-cookie-11, where I agree further refinement is 
worthwhile/reasonable. I note that various folks provided quite a bit of 
detailed feedback (thanks!), and Adam worked though it all, diligently 
providing rationale especially where his perspective varies from the 
commenter(s) (also thanks!).

I ended up with three items (my prior suggested fixup for "adopting IDNA2008" 
already addresses a fourth one I found). All are simple/small fixups but worth 
doing IMV. I'll send a separate email msg for each, which will include updated 
cookie.xml source file excerpts.

They are..

1. wrt terminology: "request-host" and "request-uri"

2. wrt definitions of "flags" and algorithms

3. wrt reference for netscape cookie spec

thanks,

=JeffH

---

From: Adam Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 02:46:33 -0700

I believe I have now addressed all of these comments.  I'll push a new
version of the draft.

Adam

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 1:34 PM, =JeffH <[email-masked]> wrote:
> draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie-08.txt" et al), as well as the ones from July
> and August.
>
> I ended up with three items (my prior suggested fixup for "adopting
> IDNA2008" already addresses a fourth one I found). All are simple/small
> fixups but worth doing IMV. I'll send a separate email msg for each, which
> will include updated cookie.xml source file excerpts.
>
> They are..
>
> _______________________________________________
> http-state mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/http-state
>