Subject: Re: [http-state] canonicalized domain string (was: wrt 5.1.2. Domains and domain-match)

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 15:47:42 -0700

>> ..is the 1st para beginning "A canonicalized string" intended as a distinct
 >> algorithm separate from the algorithm beginning with the 2nd para?
 >
 > Yes.  Several folks have brought up questions about this sentence.
 > ...
 > I'm happy to make this clearer using whatever prevailing style the IETF uses
 > to define terms. So far, no one has volunteered a clearer typography.

A straightforward way to do it is to have each such algorthim as a separate 
subsection, as I did in the other message entitled "adopting IDNA2008" (and 
which thus fixes this issue).

=JeffH

---

From: Adam Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 16:04:11 -0700

> which thus fixes this issue).

Ok.  It seems slightly overkill to have a section with just one
sentence in it, but we can certainly do that.

Adam