Subject: Re: [http-state] Is this an omission in the parser rules of draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie-21?

From: "Remy Lebeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 03:12:27 -0700

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [http-state] Is this an omission in the parser rules of
draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie-21?
From: Adam Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, February 05, 2011 1:49 am
To: Remy Lebeau <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

> I haven't gone through your example in detail, but you're correct
> that the " character at the beginning of the Path attribute causes
> the user agent to never return the cookie.

Quotes around the Path attribute MAY allow the cookie to be returned,
depending on which default-path is retreived.  Quotes around the Domain
attribute, on the other hand, WILL NOT allow the cookie to be returned.

> You're welcome to test implementations.

Thanks for the link, that is exactly the kind of test data I have been
looking for lately.  I'll run the examples through my implementation
when I get a chance.

---

From: Adam Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 02:17:40 -0800

> looking for lately.  I'll run the examples through my implementation

The test suite might not be fully up-to-date with the spec.  My plan
was to go through and update the expected results once the spec is
finalized.  There's also a test harness in that github that you might
find useful.

Adam