Subject: Re: [http-state] Is this an omission in the parser rules of draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie-21?

From: "Remy Lebeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 11:14:17 -0700

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [http-state] Is this an omission in the parser rules of
draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie-21?
From: Adam Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, February 03, 2011 7:25 pm
To: Remy Lebeau <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

> Are you implementing a user agent or a server?  

Both, actually. I work on an open-source library, Indy
(http://www.indyproject.org), which implements a lot of Internet
protocols, including both http client and server components.

My main concern is that while not common, I have seen RFC 2109 cookies
in the wild before, quoted cookie-av values and all. Since the draft
tries to allow for "maximum interoperability", it should allow for user
agents to parse RFC 2109 formatted cookies from servers.

---

From: Adam Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 10:19:07 -0800

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Remy Lebeau <[email-masked]> wrote:
> From: Adam Barth
> To: Remy Lebeau

The draft gives user agents precise instructions for how to parse all
manner of cookies, including cookies with values that contain quote
characters.  That information is contained in Section 5 and is
entirely unrelated to the grammar you're referring to, which is
contained in Section 4.

Kind regards,
Adam