Subject: [http-state] Is this an omission in the parser rules of draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie-21?

From: "Remy Lebeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 19:04:53 -0700

RFC 2109 allows cookie and attribute values to be wrapped in quotation
marks, but ietf-httpstate-cookie-21's definitions of "cookie-value" and
"cookie-av" do not seem to allow for that.  Or am I missing something? 
The examples in RFC 2109 fail to parse properly if the draft definitions
are strictly used (for instance, processing a "Path" attribute can fail
because the first character may be <"> instead of "/" unless <'>
characters are stripped off during parsing).

Also in the draft, "cookie-value" is defined as:

  cookie-value      = token / ""

Is the <""> portion a typo, or was it meant to be more like this
instead?

  cookie-value      = token / <"> token <">

---

From: Adam Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 12:18:43 -0800

It's not an omission.  The use of quotation mark for cookie values in
RFC 2109 do not reflect how cookie behave in actual use.

Adam

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Remy Lebeau <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> http-state mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/http-state
>