Subject: Re: [http-state] 'HTTP State Management Mechanism' to Proposed Standard

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 10:20:07 -0800

This is great news!

 > Personnel
 >
 >    The Document Shepherd is Jeff Hodges.  The Responsible Area
 >    Director is Peter Saint-Andre.

But the person who did the vast majority of the work, and who's idea it was to 
tackle this in the first place, is _Adam Barth_, who deserves an outsized chunk 
of the credit. Thanks for hanging in there and making this happen Adam. 
Additionally, Peter Saint-Andre's expert navigation of the IETF document and 
IESG processes was an instrumental contribution. Thanks Peter.

I also thank the broad array of participants in the working group, both online 
and in person at our sessions at IETF meetings -- your contributions were 
critical to crafting a high-quality spec and navigating the approval process. 
THANKS.

This spec is a milestone in that HTTP "cookie" syntax and behavior has been 
effectively a matter of undocumented folklore all these years. Getting this 
finally explicitly documented will be a key underlying piece of moving "the 
Web", and the wider Internet its built upon, on towards its next stage(s).

thanks again,

=JeffH
IETF HTTP State WG Chair
PayPal Information Risk Management

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 11:28:21 -0700

On 3/3/11 11:20 AM, =JeffH wrote:

> But the person who did the vast majority of the work, and who's idea it
> was to tackle this in the first place, is _Adam Barth_, who deserves an
> outsized chunk of the credit. Thanks for hanging in there and making
> this happen Adam. 

Hear, hear! Many thanks to Adam.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Lucy Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 10:49:28 -0800 (PST)

> This is great news!

this makes me GLAD

> But the person who did the vast majority of the work, and who's idea it was 
> to tackle this in the first place, is _Adam Barth_, who deserves an outsized 
> chunk of the credit. Thanks for hanging in there and making this happen Adam. 
> I also thank the broad array of participants in the working group, both 
> online and in person at our sessions at IETF meetings -- your contributions 
> were critical to crafting a high-quality spec and navigating the approval 
> process. THANKS.
>
> _______________________________________________
> http-state mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/http-state
>

---

From: Adam Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 12:45:21 -0800

> Hear, hear! Many thanks to Adam.

Thanks everyone.  I think Bil Corry also deserves a lot of credit for
kick starting this process with this email:

http://groups.google.com/group/ietf-httponly-wg/browse_thread/thread/7d076cd0dee6554c

Adam