Subject: [http-state] Another question about domain and path

From: Chris Hanson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 22:10:37 -0700

One bit of behavior that I found surprising in the draft-23 spec was
the following.  If a set-cookie header specifies a domain, but not a
path, then the effective path is that of the request URL.  I expected
the default path in that case to be  "/", since the domain potentially
specifies many hosts, and it's unlikely they all have the same path
structure.

Was this a deliberate choice?  If so, why?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

---

From: Adam Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 11:03:28 -0700

> specifies many hosts, and it's unlikely they all have the same path

That's correct.

> Was this a deliberate choice?  If so, why?

Because cookies are awesome?  That's just how they roll.

Adam