Subject: [http-state] declaring success

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 13:42:49 -0600

<hat type='AD'/>

The HTTPSTATE WG was formed to generate a spec accurately describing the
existing HTTP state management technology ("cookies"). With the
publication of RFC 6265, that work is now complete. Therefore, as your
responsible Area Director I plan to close the HTTPSTATE WG very soon.

I know that some people have expressed interest in working on "next
generation" state management mechanisms. I encourage folks to organize
such efforts on the [email-masked] list or via whatever means they
deem helpful (e.g., side meetings at upcoming IETF meetings). I will ask
the Secretariat to keep this list open for continued discussions.

Thanks and congratulations to the WG on a job well done!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 13:04:06 -0700

> responsible Area Director I plan to close the HTTPSTATE WG very soon.

Thanks Peter ... and thanks to you for all your help with this WG's work.

Thanks again to all participants/contributors. I'm honored to have been a part 
of this effort and work with you all.

=JeffH