Subject: [http-state] fyi: IETF conflict review results for draft-secure-cookie-session-protocol

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 08:06:16 -0800

[ I was nosing around and noticed this relatively recent decision, it didn't 
appear to have been fwd'd to these lists. fyi/fwiw... ]

Subject: Results of IETF-conflict review for
	draft-secure-cookie-session-protocol-08
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 14:46:52 -0800
To: "Nevil Brownlee" <[email-masked]>,
	[email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], The IESG <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

The IESG has completed a review of
draft-secure-cookie-session-protocol-08 consistent with RFC5742.

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'SCS: Secure Cookie
Sessions for HTTP' <draft-secure-cookie-session-protocol-08.txt> as an
Informational RFC.

The IESG has concluded that this work is related to IETF work done in the
websec and httpbis working groups, but this relationship does not prevent
publishing.

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in the
datatracker related to this document and determine whether or not they
merit incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the
ballot and the history log.

The IESG review is documented at:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/conflict-review-secure-cookie-session-protocol/

A URL of the reviewed Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-secure-cookie-session-protocol/

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

###

IETF conflict review for draft-secure-cookie-session-protocol
[conflict-review-secure-cookie-session-protocol-00]

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/conflict-review-secure-cookie-session-protocol/

Conflict Review State:		Approved No Problem - announcement sent

Shepherding AD: 		Barry Leiba

Last updated:			2012-11-19

Conflict Review for draft-secure-cookie-session-protocol-09

The IESG has concluded that this work is related to IETF work done in the
websec and httpbis working groups, but this relationship does not prevent
publishing.

###

---

From: Daniel Stenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 17:20:28 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 6 Dec 2012, =JeffH wrote:

(I removed a few receivers, leaving http-state and ietf-http-wg only.)

> The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'SCS: Secure Cookie Sessions 
> for HTTP' <draft-secure-cookie-session-protocol-08.txt> as an Informational 
> RFC.

I'm curious if this work has been done in cooperation with any particular HTTP 
client or server vendor/author. Is there anyone "backing" this protocol and 
who is going to or perhaps already have implemented/deployed it in the wild?

I'm personally involved with libcurl, but I have no plans in walking down this 
path unless there's at least some _potential_ use of it...

-- 

  / daniel.haxx.se

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 14:34:48 -0500

> appear to have been fwd'd to these lists. fyi/fwiw... ]
...
> websec and httpbis working groups, but this relationship does not prevent

Yes, Jeff, and thanks for forwarding this.  To make sure people have
the background...

I announced on 17 Oct to this set of mailing lists that we were
looking for input to the conflict review to be posted to the SAAG
mailing list.  The discussion thread starts here:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/saag/current/msg04049.html

On 9 November, I closed the discussion with this message on the SAAG list:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/saag/current/msg04164.html

If anyone has any questions about the document, I suggest they contact
the authors directly.  You can do that with the following tools alias:
<[email-masked]>

Barry, App AD