Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-http-state-man-mec-10.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 09:46:55 -0400

Note: This revision reflects comments received during the last call period.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the HyperText Transfer Protocol Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: HTTP State Management Mechanism
	Author(s)	: D. Kristol, L. Montulli
	Filename	: draft-ietf-http-state-man-mec-10.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 29-Jul-98
	
This document specifies a way to create a stateful session with HTTP
requests and responses.  It describes two new headers, Cookie and Set-
Cookie2, which carry state information between participating origin
servers and user agents.  The method described here differs from
Netscape's Cookie proposal [Netscape], but it can interoperate with
TTP/1.0 user agents that use Netscape's method.  (See the HISTORICAL
section.)
 
This document reflects implementation experience with RFC 2109 [RFC2109]
and obsoletes it.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-http-state-man-mec-10.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-http-state-man-mec-10.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-http-state-man-mec-10.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.