Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 10:17:43 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the HyperText Transfer Protocol Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1
	Author(s)	: J. Mogul, T. Berners-Lee, L. Masinter, P. Leach, 
                          R. Fielding, H. Nielsen, J. Gettys
	Filename	: draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-02.txt
	Pages		: 155
	Date		: 24-Feb-98
	
The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is an application-level protocol
for distributed, collaborative, hypermedia information systems. It is a
generic, stateless, protocol which can be used for many tasks, such as
name servers and distributed object management systems, through
extension of its request methods. A feature of HTTP is the typing and
negotiation of data representation, allowing systems to be built
independently of the data being transferred.
 
HTTP has been in use by the World-Wide Web global information initiative
since 1990. This specification defines the protocol referred to as
''HTTP/1.1'', and is an update to RFC2068 [33].
 
At the time of this revision's submission, there were no known outstanding
technical or editorial issues.  The HTTP/1.1 issues list, along with
many representations of this specification including Postscript, Microsoft
word, with and without change bars, with or without gzip compression
can be found at http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/Issues/.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.