Subject: draft-ietf-tls-http-upgrade-02 available

From: "Scott Lawrence" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 16:49:22 -0400

A revised version of our draft on 'Upgrading to TLS Within HTTP/1.1'
(draft-ietf-tls-http-upgrade-02.txt) has been sent to IANA, and so
should shortly be available in the usual repositories.
It is available now from:

  http://www.agranat.com/fs/public/lawrence/tls-http-upgrade

This revision:

- Clarifies that the https scheme is not modified by this proposal;
it continues to mean 'SSL on TCP port 443'.

- Re-introduces the CONNECT method, to establish an end-to-end-tunnel
across proxies, if necessary before UPGRADE'ing. This is a standards-
track definition of the existing installed base. It is based on Ari
Luotonen's original drafts, but used here to tunnel at port 80 instead
of 443.

- Uses multiple Upgrade tokens to represent a "stack" of protocols which
work together. In this case, "Upgrade: TLS/1.0, HTTP/1.1"

--
Rohit Khare <[email-masked]>,   Scott Lawrence
<[email-masked]>