Subject: https

From: "P.Gowri Sankar(CTS)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 19:35:53 +0530

Hi all,
  
           I am trying to support https in our proxy server,

	If i directly connect to the web server from  the browser (https://)
	then, the page is getting displayed properly.

	But when i root the call throu' the proxy server, the browser is
receing the following 

	<html><head><title>Error</title></head><body>The network request is
not supported. </body></html>

	I coudl see the request sent to the server as

CONNECT tstsrv1:443 HTTP/1.0
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows NT; DigExt)
Host: tstsrv1
Content-Length: 0
Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
Pragma: no-cache

Can Any one help me

With Regards,
Paramasivam Gowri Sankar
***********************************************************
P-Mail :	Cognizant Tech. Sols.,Gr. Floor,Deepak Complex,
	Op. Pune Golf Course,Airport Road,Yerwada,
	Pune-411006  V-Mail(020)6691960/61( ext - 2233)
E-Mail :: [email-masked], [email-masked]
***********************************************************

---

From: "Scott Lawrence" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 10:49:40 -0400

The original draft describing the CONNECT method has expired.  A new
draft is available (and in IETF Last Call - we are attempting to get it
to Proposed Standard status):

  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-http-upgrade-02.txt

This describes a new proposal on upgrading existing connections to use
TLS, but also documents the existing CONNECT method.

--
Scott Lawrence           Director of R & D        <[email-masked]>
Agranat Systems, Inc.  Embedded Web Technology   http://www.agranat.com/