Subject: CONNECT HELP

From: S Manikandan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 14:56:07 +0530

Hi all,

	I 'ave been writing a proxy server,this is working fine for both GET
& POST method,I need to add functionality for HTTPS ,which is been used in
hotmail mail.
	The browser request contains CONNECT method,is it a http
method,becoz i 'ave not seen the method in RFC.Is it a https request?
	Any ptrs to resources for https will be helpful.

TIA,

Mani.

---

From: Rohit Khare <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 03:36:27 -0700

draft-ietf-tls-http-upgrade-02 contains the first IETF 
standards-track definition of the CONNECT method for generic TCP 
tunnel establishment. It should be appearing at IETF-wide last call 
any day now.

Don't worry, the definition is functionally identical to Ari 
Luotenen's  original I-D proposals, as already widely implemented. 
The trick with our new draft, though, is that you CONNECT to port 
*80*, then use Upgrade:, rather than 443...

Rohit Khare

At 7:07 AM -0400 8/19/99, [email-masked] wrote:
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-http-upgrade-02.txt