Subject: Persistant Connection over proxy

From: "Vinit Kumar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:37:12 PST

Hi,

Is it possible for a proxy server to receive  multiple HTTP requests from a 
User Agent over one connection , where the each of the requests are for a 
resource on different ORIGIN Servers?

Thanks in Advance,

Vinit Kumar

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: "Scott Lawrence" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 16:28:42 -0500

> From: Vinit Kumar
> Subject: Persistant Connection over proxy
>

Yes.  In doing it this way, the client would be accepting the fact that
a slow response from one origin server would delay any others pipelined
behind it, but other than that there is no reason not to do it that way.

Similarly, an origin server might receive multiple requests on the same
connection from a proxy that were from different User Agents.

--
Scott Lawrence           Director of R & D        <[email-masked]>
Agranat Systems, Inc.  Embedded Web Technology   http://www.agranat.com/