Subject: cookies patent

From: "Roy T. Fielding" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 20:28:03 -0800

The state management specification needs to reference the patent
that Lou / Netscape has on the technology.

http://patent.womplex.ibm.com/details?pn=US05774670__

....Roy

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 22:11:05 EST

In a message dated 2/5/00 10:08:05 PM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> ??? I for one would be very pleased if the Cookies patent was rigorously
>  enforced, provided nobody could get a license on any terms whatsoever.
>  
>  Cookies are an abomination. As many predicted they are used to invade
>  privacy.
>  
>  Not that we can get rid of them, but cest la vie.

It would hardly be the first time a disgusting kludge has been patented.

Joachim Martillo