Subject: Re: cookies patent

From: "Roy T. Fielding" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 17:15:31 -0800

>Last I looked I could not find a complete set of mail archives from these
>lists, or other important historical lists that formed the early web
>software community.  It would be a shame to allow this patent, but it
>would be a bigger shame to lose that history.

All of http-wg is archived at
   <http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/hypermail/mboxes/>

Most of www-talk is on egroups.com (somewhere), but Kevin Hughes
probably has a complete archive stashed away somewhere.

....Roy

---

From: "Phillip Hallam-Baker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 22:04:25 -0500

??? I for one would be very pleased if the Cookies patent was rigorously
enforced, provided nobody could get a license on any terms whatsoever.

Cookies are an abomination. As many predicted they are used to invade
privacy.

Not that we can get rid of them, but cest la vie.

        Phill