Subject: Last Call on delta encoding in HTTP/1.1

From: Balachander Krishnamurthy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 19:25:10 -0500

Folks,

As some of you know, we have been pushing addition of a delta encoding
mechanism for http/1.1. The early paper on this was in SIGCOMM'97
      
	Potential benefits of delta encoding and data compression for HTTP 
	    http://www.research.att.com/~bala/papers/sigcomm97.ps.gz
    
3 ID's have been written and recently revised:

    Delta encoding in HTTP:
	    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mogul-http-delta-03.txt
    
    Instance Digests in HTTP:
	    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mogul-http-digest-02.txt
    
    The VCDIFF Generic Differencing and Compression Data Format    
	    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-korn-vcdiff-01.txt
    
This message constitutes the last call before we ask the IESG to consider
this as a Proposed Standard. If you have any concerns/questions, please send 
me email.
    
cheers,
bala
    
balachander krishnamurthy, at&t labs--research
www.research.att.com/~bala/papers