Subject: Has Netscape 5 become 6?

From: Kaming Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 23:10:14 +0800

Hi,

I am currently working on a project on persistent connection and
non-persistent connection.
I found that
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/Forum/Reports/#Public
Gagan Saksena mentions a test on Netscape 5
I cannot find Netscape 5 on their website

In addidtion, I will appreciate any related information about persistent
connection and non-persistent connection

Thx
Jacinle Young

---

From: Ari Gordon-Schlosberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 16:39:52 -0500

[Kaming Young <[email-masked]>]
> I cannot find Netscape 5 on their website
 Yes.  There is to be no Netscape 5.  The next version (now in pre-release
alpha) is 6.

-- 
Ari							there is no spoon
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.nebcorp.com/~regs/pgp for PGP public key

---

From: "Keith Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 18:27:53 -0500

Yep,  Netscape had to make sure they had a higher version number than
Internet Explorer because the version number is the true test of how
advanced/well developed an app is.  <G>