Subject: Conformance Test for HTTP 1.1

From: Kristan Vingrys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 11:08:13 +1100

Hi All,

I have been looking around for a HTTP 1.1 Conformance test, or sombody
that
can perform such a test. I have been unable to find anything.

It would be gretaly appreciated if anybody can provide me with any
information
reagrding HTTP 1.1 conformance testing. I have looked at the WC3 site,
they do not have HTTP 1.1 Conformance test, instead they have
Performance tests.

Regards,

Kristan

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 11:08:20 -0700

There's been a lot of discussion about HTTP compliance tests over the past
few months, but it hasn't gotten anywhere as of yet. Several vendors have
tentatively said they might consider releasing their internally-developed
tools if other vendors were also, but nothing has happened there yet.

I also tried to get the WREC working group interested in this in Pittsburgh,
but the informal consensus there was that it wasn't appropriate for IETF to
produce such a tool.

I've lately been considering starting discussion of development of something
within the W3C, as it was involved in the development of the HTTP, and has
an established history of developing similar tools (although I'm not sure if
W3C can formally commit resources).

If anyone has any thoughts about this, please share them, because I'd like
to get this moving.

Cheers,

-- 
Mark Nottingham
http://www.mnot.net/

---

From: "Scott Lawrence" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 14:35:29 -0400

> within the W3C,

We would certainly support such an effort, and participate.

--
Scott Lawrence         Architect             <[email-masked]>
Virata             http://www.virata.com/         http://emweb.com/