Subject: Set-Cookie Header

From: Thomson James <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 08:55:59 -0000

Hi,

Is it normal for a server to reject the following header because of the
final ';' ?

Set-Cookie: MyName=MyValue; path=/;

...looking in the spec it says the semi-colon acts as a 'separator', does
this mean that if it ends the Set-Cookie header it should reject it or is it
at the discrepancy of the server?

The following works fine:

Set-Cookie: MyName=MyValue; path=/

Thanks,

Jim.

Disclaimer
Information in this E-mail and in any attachments is confidential
and intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s)
This information may be subject to legal, professional or other privilege.

If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for 
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are not authorised to
and must not disclose, copy distribute, or retain this message or any part
of it.
If you have received this message in error please contact us at once,
so that we may take the appropriate action and avoid troubling you further.

---

From: Dave Kristol <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 09:05:24 -0500 (EST)

> Set-Cookie: MyName=MyValue; path=/

The spec. does not allow the extra ';', but a tolerant client would
accept it.

Dave Kristol