Subject: Re: "what does Keep-alive: 300" mean"

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 10:54:27 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:

> One more doubt, If this field is particular to Mozilla
> browser, as my observation suggests, then How the server
> is supposed to understand this field ?

RFC-2068, section 19.7.1

--
/================================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.  |
|Chief Scientist |===============================================|
|eCal Corp.      |I used to belong to a solipsism club, but I got|
[email-masked]|bored & voted everybody else out.              |
\================================================================/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 17:24:34 +0530

I was looking at the header of GET request sent by Mozilla.
I came across this header field "keep-alive: 300".
This field is not present in the GET request sent by
netscape 4.7 and IE 5.0 .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards
-Pawan