Subject: RE: sample http format

From: "Joris Dobbelsteen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 19:26:53 +0200

Michael

Please read RFC2616 regarding the HTTP/1.1 protocol. This document is the
specification that describes the protocol and should be used to implement a
HTTP/1.1 server, proxy or client. The RFC is the best starting point for
doing something with HTTP.

You can download a RFC from http://www.ietf.com/.

- Joris

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Robkin [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, 25 May 2001 16:49
To: [email-masked]
Subject: sample http format

  I need to write from a legacy package http formatted data to a servlet. I
will be using tcp communication.

 Can somebody send me a real life format of the actual http generated
message I must send to the

  servlet?

 is it a Post method?

               thanks,

             Michael