Subject: How do I get a directory listing using a HTTP Get

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:15:55 -0400

I would like to write a program that goes to a web site and does an HTTP GET
and instead of coming back with an HTML page, I would like to come back with
a directory listing of files.  The HTML page will contain links to the files
in the same directory but instead of having to parse the HTML page for the
file names I would like to just get a directory listing as this would make
the downloading of these files easier.  Does anyone know of a way to do
this?

Dan Veilleux
Electronic Commerce
Liberty Mutual

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:33:26 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:

> a directory listing of files.

This can't happen unless the server permits it.  If you have control of the
server, look into WebDAV (RFC-2518, http://www.webdav.org), which lets you use
a PROPFIND method to list the files.

--
/==============================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|
|Chief Scientist |=============================================|
|eCal Corp.      |"You're nothing but a pack of ringleaders!"  |
[email-masked]|--_Wyrd Sisters_, Terry Pratchett            |
\==============================================================/