Subject: Sedning Multipart/related MIme data using chunk encoding ?

From: Aniruddha Shevade <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:12:14 -0700

Hello
 I am developing a server in C++  which is supposed to read and interpret
MIME data. We are planning to use HTTP chunked transfer encoding protocol
for sending multipart/related data where the length of teh data may not be
known in advance. 
Actually the chunking of the data , makes it possible to break the data in
any format.  Is there any restriction of using chunking while sending
multipart/related data . Some of the more specific questions would be
  1) Is it possible for the  a mime boundary to be split across chunks
  2)   How does one know that a given part of mime multipart data has ended
?  Teh only way one can tell is by looking at mime boundaries and if teh
mime boundary is in the middle of the chunk then that means bufering the
data and searching for the mime boundary

 Any help / references on this is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Aniruddha

---

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:57:14 -0400

>1) Is it possible for the  a mime boundary to be split across chunks
Yes.

>data and searching for the mime boundary
Not necessarily.  You could just run a state machine on the incoming data.

-- 
/==============================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|
|Chief Scientist |=============================================|
|eCal Corp.      |Brought to you by the letter Q.              |
[email-masked]|                                             |
\==============================================================/