Subject: FW: Review sought for draft-marchiori-w3c-p3p-header-00.txt

From: "Larry Masinter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 21:36:58 -0700

I didn't get a copy of this through [email-masked].

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 10:44 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Review sought for draft-marchiori-w3c-p3p-header-00.txt

We have received notice from the W3C of their intention to ask that

    draft-marchiori-w3c-p3p-header-00.txt

be placed on the IETF standards track. The abstract for the document reads
as
follows:

   The Platform for Privacy Preferences 1.0[4] (P3P1.0) specification
   describes how to associate a privacy policy with each URI request.
   Such associations are contained in a so-called policy reference
   file. This draft describes a new HTTP response header which
   indicates the location of such policy reference file. This header is
   intended to be a part of the P3P1.0 framework and should be treated
   in the full context of the P3P1.0 specification[4].

Accordingly, I'd like to ask that this document be reviewed by any
interested
parties on this list. I'd also like to see responses from anyone who reviews
the
document, even if you approve of this extension.

Thanks.

				Ned