Subject: handling Proxy-Connection

From: "Matt Lynch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 17:03:37 +1100

G'day,
    I'm looking for valid values for Proxy-Connection.  It's not in rfc
2616, but I know it's used for proxy servers.  I figured the values
would be somewhat simlar (if not the same) as Connection.  Would I be
right in assuming this?  Does anyone know where I can get some more info
on this header? 
Matt Lynch
Developer
Stimulus Solutions 

  _____  

Email: [email-masked]
Phone: 8259 0368
Mobile: 0425 274158
ICQ: 1314140
Web: http://www.stimulussolutions.com.au

  _____

---

From: "Joris Dobbelsteen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 13:04:19 +0100

This header is obsolete in HTTP/1.1 and SHOULD NOT be used in future
implementations. The connection header will handle this in HTTP/1.1

Proxy-Connection was designed for persistent connections in HTTP/1.0. It's
in a completely different RFC (if documented), so look through the RFC-index
file. You should rely on this header only and only if you are using HTTP/1.0
(and use a proxy).
[ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc-index.txt] I think it was...

Proxy-Connection was designed, that in case the proxy server handeling the
request send the proxy-connection header to the orgin server, this orgin
server doesn't 'malfunction'. If this was done with the connection header,
the orgin server could keep open the connection, making the proxy think the
request hasn't ended yet.

- Joris

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Lynch [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, 21 December 2001 7:04
To: HTTP Working Group (E-mail)
Subject: handling Proxy-Connection

  G'day,
      I'm looking for valid values for Proxy-Connection.  It's not in rfc
2616, but I know it's used for proxy servers.  I figured the values would be
somewhat simlar (if not the same) as Connection.  Would I be right in
assuming this?  Does anyone know where I can get some more info on this
header?
  Matt Lynch
  Developer
  Stimulus Solutions

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
  Email: [email-masked]
  Phone: 8259 0368
  Mobile: 0425 274158
  ICQ: 1314140
  Web: http://www.stimulussolutions.com.au

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--