Subject: PROXY Servers

From: "Monereau, Alex" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 08:57:49 -0500

Does anyone know on how to measure the effectiveness of using a Cache Proxy
Server. For example, bandwidth saved, response time relating to loading a
page via the Internet using a the caching server as oppose to not using the
caching server.

I need to prove to management that they spent their money wisely by
incorporating a proxy server within environment. 

---------------------------------------

The information contained in this e-mail message, and any attachment thereto, is confidential and may not be disclosed without our express permission.  If you are not the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message, or any attachment thereto, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify us by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the message and all of its attachments.  Thank you.

Every effort is made to keep our network free from viruses.  You should, however, review this e-mail message, as well as any attachment thereto, for viruses.  We take no responsibility and have no liability for any computer virus which may be transferred via this e-mail message.

---

From: Kyle Dent <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:18:40 -0500 (EST)

The February issue of SysAdmin Magazine has an article on this very topic.  
"How Web Cache Proxies Do and Dont Save on Internet Costs". I think the
author makes some questionable assumptions about saving productive time,
but it might help you out.

Kyle Dent
<[email-masked]>