Subject: Persistent connection, pipeling in HTTP 1.0 and 1.1 - questions

From: "Lukasz P" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 16:15:26 +0200

Hi all,

My english is weak but I will try explain you my problem...
I'm writing program which can analyse HTTP 1.0 and 1.1 protocols (for
example what is faster...HTTP 1.1 or HTTP 1.0, what is
better...pipeling+persistent or
only persitent etc). I must have a client, programme. A client tries to
connect with normal web server. I need a programme that use HTTP protocol
and user can influence HTTP and TCP protocols (special options in program) :
- enable, disable pipelining in HTTP 1.1
- to choose HTTP protocol (1.1 or 1.0)  (this is in Internet Explorer 5, I
know)
-enable, disable persistent connection in HTTP 1.0 (keep-alive)
-to choose amount TCP sesions (persistent connection in HTTP 1.1 only in one
TCP sesions, two, free... sesions TCP) (it is in Internet Explorer 4,5, I
know about it)

Can you help me? Do you know software where this options are possible? Maybe
do you know websites with this problems?

Thanks for help :)
I would be really gratefull.

luke