Subject: [httpapi] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on charter-ietf-httpapi-00-00: (with COMMENT)

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2020 15:35:40 -0700

Benjamin Kaduk has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-httpapi-00-00: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-httpapi/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not much to add that hasn't already been covered by my fellow ADs.
It's particularly hard to gauge the expected scope with no milestones listed.

One point, though: machine-to-machine API usage is likely to make heavy
use of (TLS) mutual authentication, and the stalwart documentation for
authenticating TLS servers (RFC 6125) explicitly disclaims coverage of
authentication of TLS clients.  There may be a gap in this area that could use
filling and I wonder if the right people would be here to work on plugging it.