Subject: [httpapi] Magnus Westerlund's No Objection on charter-ietf-httpapi-00-00: (with COMMENT)

From: Magnus Westerlund via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 06:24:49 -0700

Magnus Westerlund has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-httpapi-00-00: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-httpapi/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I find this bullet creating some questions:

    • Proposals for new HTTP status codes, methods, or other generic
        extensions, to be considered by the HTTP Working Group

As this is output. So this is basically a WG consensus proposal (Internet
Draft) in HTTPAPI that is then thrown over the fence to the HTTPbis WG for
consideration? In this consideration then it is up to the HTTPbis WG to do what
ever they feel about this proposal? And the status in HTTPbis will basically
that this is from the HTTPAPI WG and have the level of consensus it had. Is
there a need to actually move this bullet from the output list to instead
detail how the HTTPAPI WG can propose chagnes in HTTPbis WG scope and establish
its WG consensus prior to handing it over? Also are this expected to be
technical solutions or primarily an problem solving idea for further
development with solid use case(s) and requirements from HTTPAPI?