Subject: [httpapi] Roman Danyliw's No Objection on charter-ietf-httpapi-00-00: (with COMMENT)

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2020 11:51:08 -0700

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-httpapi-00-00: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-httpapi/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

** (Like Martin and Alissa) I’m having trouble discriminating what work comes
to HTTPbis as opposed to this proposed WG.  As written, does all HTTP for web
browser go to HTTPbis; and machine-to-machine comes here?

** Per “Proposals for new HTTP status codes, methods, or other generic
extensions, to be considered by the HTTP Working Group”, why would this WG
propose new work for HTTPbis, instead of doing it?

** How do when know when this WG is done?

** Can the initial milestones please be added

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 14:55:56 -0400

> browser go to HTTPbis; and machine-to-machine comes here?

Indeed; I've heard this clearly, and I'm putting Mark specifically on
the "to" line to ask for some edits to clarify this, especially, along
with other questions that have been raised.

Thanks, all,
Barry

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 11:31:21 +1000

Hi Barry,

I've updated my copy at:
  https://gist.github.com/mnot/8a29455df65df33d92902a1ecc3e7e68

Tell me what you think.

Cheers,

> On 10 Sep 2020, at 4:55 am, Barry Leiba <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 12:32:02 -0400

The -00-01 version of the proposed charter includes Mark's latest
edits.  Roman, will you check it and let us know what you think?