Subject: [httpapi] Alissa Cooper's Block on charter-ietf-httpapi-00-02: (with BLOCK)

From: Alissa Cooper via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 06:24:58 -0700

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-httpapi-00-02: Block

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-httpapi/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
BLOCK:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"New work items can be added after a Call for Adoption on the working group
mailing list and consultation with the Area Director."

Without more context, this is trivially true of all working groups. I think
this is the bit that is trying to justify approving a charter without
milestones, right? After the group has been around awhile that context will be
lost and it will be immaterial anyway, I think, that the charter was approved
without milestones. I would suggest dropping this and re-ordering things a bit:

"To be successful, this Working Group will need to have active and broad
representation from across the industry -- e.g., API gateway vendors (and other
intermediaries), API consultants, API tool vendors, in-house API teams.
Therefore, adopted proposals should have public support from multiple
implementers and/or deployments before being sent to the IESG.

To assess whether the group is functioning well, this charter will be reviewed
by the IESG nine months after chartering."

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 09:51:07 -0400

Done in -00-03.

I'm surprised that this didn't come up before External Review, rather
than after.

Barry