Subject: [httpapi] Link relationship types for authentication

From: Evert Pot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 16:48:09 -0400

Hi group!

If this is appropriate, I would like to propose a standard for a link 
relationship for authentication-related operations.

Specifically the  "authenticate", "authenticated-as", "logout", 
"register-user"  relationships. The goal ultimately is to update this 
registry: 
https://www.iana.org/assignments/link-relations/link-relations.xhtml

Draft:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pot-authentication-link

The first version of this was written some time ago, and I've gotten 
several reports of people finding this useful and adopting these in 
their systems.

I don't know if this is an appropriate draft for this group. I tried at 
a few different groups, but if not I will turn this into an individual 
submission.

Cheers,
Evert