Subject: [httpapi] Looking for existing HTTP API standard to describe an API lifecycle

From: Sébastien Portebois <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 17:39:57 -0400

Hello,

I’m aware of the current progress of the deprecation header work (
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpapi-deprecation-header/01/,
and although I don’t have any meaningful contribution to bring, I closely
follow it)

And on the other end of the lifecycle I’m was researching for something
similar to warn the user about non-stable (e.g. beta or preview) version of
APIs.
I’m also following OpenAPI related discussion (
https://github.com/OAI/OpenAPI-Specification/issues/1973 ) which gives us
ideas about how we could at least define it for all our internal APIs
(until a standard emerges, if it happens)

Does anyone know of a standard I missed to document the lifecycle in the
headers, like the deprecation header does for the last part of the
lifecycle?

Best,
Sébastien