Subject: [httpapi] resolving the deprecation header blocker #11

From: Erik Wilde <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 12:54:11 +0100

hello all.

in today's WG meeting we identified one blocker for the deprecation 
header draft in darrel's shiny new project board:

https://github.com/orgs/ietf-wg-httpapi/projects/1/views/1

that blocker is the issue whether we should change the format in how 
dates are represented:

https://github.com/ietf-wg-httpapi/deprecation-header/issues/11

we have two alternative and incompatible proposals. one is to use 
IMF-date in the way that the sunset header field uses dates. the other 
one (proposed by @mnot) is to use a simpler and more robust representation.

we cannot move the draft forward without resolving this issue. as i have 
stated, my preference is for the "old school" format. @mnot argues for 
easier parsing and more robustness. it would be great to hear opinions 
from folks on the list about their preferences and reasoning for those.

thanks a lot and cheers,

dret.

-- 
erik wilde | mailto:[email-masked] |
            | http://twitter.com/dret    |