Subject: hi

From: Nitin Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:25:37 +0530

hi,

I am new to http mailing list.
Kindly helpme out on following issue.
 
For some experimental work, i have been writing http server and http client
in java. Now the purpose of my http server is just to receive http message
carrying some proprietry message. In others, http server and http client are
using http to transport a proprietry message in the message body.
First of all i would like to know, is there any sample code available on
internet in java for http server/client which simply creates connection
between an url and client and which i can use in my code for exchanging http
messages.

Moreover, when i write java code for http client and try to connect to an
url, i am facing some issues. 
java provides URL.openConnection method to create an HttpURLConnection
object. And to create communication link with URL i need to call
URLConnection.connect method which is an abstract method. now my doubt is
what should i have to implement in this method. Morever, do i need to write
my own class extending HttpURLConnection.

regards,
-nitin