Subject: content-type header

From: "Keith Wannamaker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 20:19:34 -0500

I have seen a discrepancy in server implementations on
spacing in the the content-type header.

The example in 2616, 14.17 includes a space between
the ';' and the parameter, while the grammers in
3.6 and 3.7 don't seem to allow this.

Is there some implied whitespace rule here, or should
there be no space in the 14.17 example?

Thanks,
Keith

---

From: Marc Slemko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 19:02:29 -0700 (PDT)

> there be no space in the 14.17 example?

section 2.1:

   implied *LWS
      The grammar described by this specification is word-based. Except
      where noted otherwise, linear white space (LWS) can be included
      between any two adjacent words (token or quoted-string), and
      between adjacent words and separators, without changing the
      interpretation of a field. At least one delimiter (LWS and/or
      separators) MUST exist between any two tokens (for the definition
      of "token" below), since they would otherwise be interpreted as a
      single token.