Subject: put

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 07:26:16 -0300

Hello

I'm doing a webdav server for a internet explorer client and I have a problem when the client sends put for create a new resource because it don't sends the body. I try to send continue (HTTP/1.1 100 Continue) but this didn't works. How I can get the body ?

This is what client and server sends:

Client:
	HEAD /prueba1.txt.txt HTTP/1.1
	Accept-Language: es-ar, en-us;q=0.2
	Translate: f
	Content-Length: 0
	User-Agent: Microsoft Data Access Internet Publishing Provider DAV
	Host: 192.168.0.1:81
	Connection: Keep-Alive

Server:
	HTTP/1.1 404 NOT FOUND

Client:
	PUT /prueba1.txt.txt HTTP/1.1
	Accept-Language: es-ar, en-us;q=0.2
	Translate: f
	Content-Length: 0
	User-Agent: Microsoft Data Access Internet Publishing Provider DAV
	Host: 192.168.0.1:81
	Connection: Keep-Alive

thanks,

__________________________________________________

Todavía no tenés tu Ciudad Internet Mail? Obtenelo ahora! - http://webmail.ciudad.com.ar

Descargá Gratis el nuevo Internet Explorer 6.0, el mejor software para actualizar tu PC.
http://www.ciudad.com.ar/ar/servicios/ie/

---

From: Alex Rousskov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 10:27:41 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002 [email-masked] wrote:

> I'm doing a webdav server for a internet explorer client and I
> have a problem when the client sends put for create a new resource
> because it don't sends the body. I try to send continue (HTTP/1.1
> 100 Continue) but this didn't works. How I can get the body ?

I am not a WebDaV expert, but from pure HTTP point of view, you do get
a body. It is a body of zero length as indicated by the value of the
Content-Length header field of the PUT request. In other words, it
seems like the client wants to create an empty (zero length) file
named "prueba1.txt.txt".

The HEAD request is irrelevant. I am guessing that the client is
trying to check whether the file already exists (instead of relying on
various If-* HTTP headers to do the right thing?).

Finally, please note that your response probably violates HTTP. It
does not have a Date: header field, to start with. Are you running a
clock-less server? Also, you use persistent connection (default) but
the transfer-length is unknown (no transfer encoding or content length
set).

HTH,

Alex.