Subject: A string of text is parsed as a single word

From: Alex Rousskov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 18:07:56 -0600 (MDT)

Hi there,

	What are the values of a header field token in the following
examples:

	(a) Extension: foo
	(b) Extension: "foo bar"
	(c) Extension: foo" bar "baz
	(d) Extension: foo" bar "baz blah

By value I mean whatever a program would use internally in comparison
expressions and such. "Extension" above is used as an example only;
any header field with *token-based value would do. 

Here is what I would answer based on RFC 2616, Section 2.2 "Basic Rules"
('<' and '>' are added for clarity, they are not a part of the value):

	(a) a single word <foo>
	(b) a single word <foo bar>
	(c) a single word <foo bar baz>
	(c) two words <foo bar baz> and <blah>

Note how I stripped quotes from the values.

Is my interpretation correct?

Thank you,

Alex.