Subject: Looking for digest authentication implementing integrity protection

From: "Emanuel Corthay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 15:41:34 +0200

Hello all,

Has anyone heard of a server and/or a browser implementing the
(qop=auth-int) integrity protection option mentionned in RFC 2617 ?

Internet explorer, apache and some other clients/server implements digest
authentication as a way of avoiding basic authentication, but I'm looking
for the integrity protection part.

Thanks!

Emanuel

---

From: Joe Orton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:51:09 +0100

> for the integrity protection part.

Hi, the neon HTTP client library (http://www.webdav.org/neon/) supports
qop=auth-int.  If you have a server publicly available I can run tests
against it using neon.

There used to be a server at "digest-test.agranat.com" which supported
auth-int, though it seems to be gone now.

Regards,

joe

---

From: Scott Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:21:24 -0400

>auth-int, though it seems to be gone now.

Alas, yes.  I maintained that server for several years, but am no 
longer with the company.  The server was/is the EmWeb embedded
HTTP, which supports auth-int for both client and server.

--
Scott Lawrence                             
  <[email-masked]>