Subject: Does anyone have copies of the "DEC Proxy Traces"?

From: Jeffrey Mogul <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 15:17:16 -0700

We had a disk disaster a few months ago, which wiped out
all of the trace files reachable from

        ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/DEC/traces/proxy/tracelist.html
        ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/DEC/traces/proxy/tracelistv1.2.html

(this host is currently known gatekeeper.research.compaq.com and
at one point was known as ftp.digital.com, although that site has
now been split off to serve other purposes.)

I might be able to get these back from a backup tape, but it could take
a while to track down the right tapes, unfortunately.  Or the tapes
might be unreadable ...

I know that quite a few people have used these traces for various
research studies, and I'm hoping that someone might have local
copies that I could use to reconstitute the lost files.  I've
already obtained eight of the missing files this way, but that
leaves another 42 missing files, more or less.

Please reply to me, not to the entire mailing list.

Thanks!
-Jeff