Subject: HTTP/1.1 Conformance Tool

From: Diwakar Shetty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 18:48:46 +0530

I have a Web Server which I want to check against the HTTP/1.1 conformance.

Is there any tool on the web which can do so ?

Thanks in advance for all your help
Diwakar

---

From: Alex Rousskov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 09:10:18 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Diwakar Shetty wrote:

> I have a Web Server which I want to check against the HTTP/1.1
> conformance. Is there any tool on the web which can do so ?

I do not know of any ready-to-use tool for testing HTTP/1.1 compliance
of origin servers. I bet there has not been one built yet. However, my
team is actually looking for folks who need such a tool. Our
Co-Advisor test suite already has nearly complete RFC 2616 MUST
coverage for HTTP intermediaries, and we want to add test cases for
origin servers (there is a significant overlap in coverage since
intermediaries MUST comply with most server-side requirements).

If you do not need immediate 100% coverage and are willing to cope
with fast but gradual increase in the number of test cases instead,
please contact me off the list.

Thank you,

Alex.

-- 
                            | HTTP performance - Web Polygraph benchmark
www.measurement-factory.com | HTTP compliance+ - Co-Advisor test suite
                            | all of the above - PolyBox appliance