Subject: Is there a HTTP 1.1 help list / forum / group?

From: Matthew Stanfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 17:17:37 +0000

Hi,

I posted a question yesterday in this list concerning help with formatting
a HTTP/1.1 GET header which wasn't working (1.0 works fine) and was told I
probably needed a 'Host' header, it turns out I already had this --
unfortunately I'm still having problems.

I am reluctant to seek further 'a fairly basic question' help in this list
as it seems to be a highbrow discussion list and not the place to ask 'help
I am stuck' questions. Can someone recommend another list, forum or
newsgroup where I can post a 'help, what am I doing wrong' question please?
I've done multiple web searches trying to find one and have come up with
nothing. There seem to be several protocols.* newsgroups but no
protocols.http unfortunately.

Thanks and regards,

..matthew

---

From: Scott Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Mar 2003 12:28:49 -0500

> unfortunately I'm still having problems.

This is probably the best you'll find.  I suggest capturing and
posting (as text) the headers you're sending and the response you're
getting.

This list is low-volume enough now that I doubt anyone will mind, and
that is why we left it in existance.

-- 
Scott Lawrence        
  Actively seeking work 
  http://skrb.org/scott/
  [ <[email-masked]> is deprecated ]

---

From: Peter Watkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 12:57:24 -0500

> protocols.http unfortunately.

The comp.infosystems.www.* newsgroups used to be quite good, and might 
still be -- I just haven't used USENET much for a while now. :-(

Your questions may go beyond pure protocol questions -- it sounds like 
you're concerend about interoperability with existing public sites & 
software commonly used to provide HTTP services, so someplace like 
comp.infosystems.www.servers.misc might be helpful.

-- 
Peter Watkins - [email-masked] - [email-masked] - http://www.tux.org/~peterw/ 
Private personal mail: use PGP key F4F397A8; more sensitive data? Use 2D123692