Subject: POST

From: Vijayabhaskar_Mamidi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 12:52:46 +0530

Hi,
	when is the data sent in a post request .Does the client send the
data at the initiating request ort does it wait for some sort of
conformation from the server( No Expect headers are being used). For example
, the client might wait for the conformation from the server as to which
type of content the server is ready to accept.
	Though POST method can be implementation matter but what is the most
general form of usage of POST method.

regards
Vijay Bhaskar

---

From: Scott Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: 04 Mar 2003 08:21:08 -0500

Vijayabhaskar_Mamidi <[email-masked]> writes:

> conformation from the server( No Expect headers are being used).

HTTP/1.1 allows for the use of a 100 Continue response to signal
readiness from the server:

  http://www.apps.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.html#sec-8.2.3

-- 
Scott Lawrence        
  Actively seeking work 
  http://world.std.com/~lawrence/