Subject: OS problem

From: Sadiq_Js <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 15:57:11 +0530

Hi All,

I am getting HTTP/1.0 response for HTTP/1.1 request from the proxy, is that
the correct behavior of the Origin Server.

 client (HTTP/1.1) -------------------> Proxy (HTTP/1.1)
--------------------> OS

 client <------------------- Proxy (HTTP/1.1) <--------------------
(HTTP/1.0)OS

 please let me know

Thanks 
SADIQ

************************************************************************** 
This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the
intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND
PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or
distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard
is appreciated.
**************************************************************************

---

From: Alex Rousskov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 06:34:28 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Sadiq_Js wrote:

> I am getting HTTP/1.0 response for HTTP/1.1 request from the proxy,
> is that the correct behavior of the Origin Server.

Yes, if the origin server is an HTTP/1.0 server. Note that even
HTTP/1.0 agents may use persistent connections and other HTTP/1.1
features in HTTP/1.0 messages.

Another possibility is that the origin server has trouble
understanding your request or has other reasons to downgrade agent's
advertised version from 1.1 to 1.0 (e.g., discrimination against
assumed-to-be-broken User Agent or even Via info).

HTH,

Alex.

-- 
                            | HTTP performance - Web Polygraph benchmark
www.measurement-factory.com | HTTP compliance+ - Co-Advisor test suite
                            | all of the above - PolyBox appliance