Subject: Content-Type: text/x-hdml; charset=Shift_JIS

From: Sadiq_Js <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 15:52:18 +0530

HI All,

 If i get a response Content-Type from the proxy as "Content-Type:
text/x-hdml; charset=Shift_JIS", then IE and Netscape browser opens the
"save as" window to same the file, could you please tell me what is the
meaning of the character set "Shift_JIS"

regs
SADIQ

************************************************************************** 
This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the
intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND
PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or
distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard
is appreciated.
**************************************************************************

---

From: Robert Olofsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 21:40:54 +0200

>meaning of the character set "Shift_JIS"
Does your web browser support the text/x-hdml data type? That is 
normally for
cell phones.

Shift_JIS is a type of japanese, see:
http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets:

Name: Shift_JIS  (preferred MIME name)
MIBenum: 17
Source: This charset is an extension of csHalfWidthKatakana by
        adding graphic characters in JIS X 0208.  The CCS's are
        JIS X0201:1997 and JIS X0208:1997.  The
        complete definition is shown in Appendix 1 of JIS
        X0208:1997.
        This charset can be used for the top-level media type "text".
Alias: MS_Kanji 
Alias: csShiftJIS

If your web browser do not have the japanese fonts, you ought to get
a question if you want to download that font or try to show it anyway.

/robo