Subject: HTTP chunk transfer

From: Sadiq_Js <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 13:00:11 +0530

HI,

 I am sending a HTTP/1.1 POST to the Origin Server from the proxy with out
Transfer-Encoding header, But Origin Server send the chunked data as a
response to the Proxy, Is this the right behavior of HTTP Origin Server.

Thanks
SADIQ
************************************************************************** 
This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the
intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND
PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or
distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard
is appreciated.
**************************************************************************

---

From: Stefan Eissing <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 09:42:49 +0200

Yes, in HTTP/1.1 chunked transfer-encdings have to be supported
by server and clients.

//Stefan

---

From: "Patrick R. McManus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 09:42:24 -0400

[Sadiq_Js: May 30 13:00]
> response to the Proxy, Is this the right behavior of HTTP Origin Server.

yes, thats fine. Transfer-Encoding applies to what you are sending,
not what you are willing to accept. Look for the TE request header for
that. However, chunked is always allowed as a transfer-encoding in
http/1.1

-Patrick